Search This Blog

12 Jan 2012

The Thompsons of Scar Top

Having established that this family neatly slotted into my Moses family, from Netherton near Carlisle, I wanted to look at the clue left by Mary Lago in her excellent book about Edward.  She names a grandchild, who it looked like was the child of Annie Thompson, herself born India.  However, how on earth was I to determine which Annie M Thompson married 1911-20 was the girl born in Trichonopoly!  Luckily the grandchild appears a couple of times on Google with her full name, which enabled me to find marriage, maiden name and then birth, leading me to Annie's marriage in London, and finally the death record which fits in perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comment will be live once moderated. Sorry you have to log in. Not my choice. Tweet if preferred @fh_data_project