Search This Blog

12 Jan 2012

Wood hunting

The Wood girls Dorothy lived for many years in Scotland as Eva, and her sisters all opted for an easier life in Surrey.  But Wood you believe it?  Dorothy died in England, and Eva, the sister, in Scotland! No wonder I couldn't find them.  If anyone had died in Scotland I'd not have thought that 'Eva Wood'!
I have finally broken my duck and paid some hard cash to use Scotland's People.  As someone for whom my Scottish line is entirely unknown, but likely to hail from Kirkcudbrightshire, I am certainly racking up the Scots connections.
Dora's will told me that her brother had family in Falkirk.  I spent two hours interrogating Scotland's People and this was an occasion where I managed to get the information I needed at no cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comment will be live once moderated. Sorry you have to log in. Not my choice. Tweet if preferred @fh_data_project