Search This Blog

27 Jun 2015

Ten tricks to help your family history (for free!)

Here's some handy tips which I've gathered over the years to help me maintain my batting average of contacting two or three new cousins a month.  It's high time your research got even easier, too!

1. Hustle to get the modern day address you need for free


2. Match the marriage with the births


3. Make freebmd work for you - even when it's wrong


4. Leapfrog over that missing marriage


5. Confirm the name at birth before you do anything


6. Turn a death entry into an address


7. If it sounds right, it is Wright


8. Guess the name of the child


9. Try ALL the censuses


10. Pinpoint your Jones using local records to help

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comment will be live once moderated. Sorry you have to log in. Not my choice. Tweet if preferred @fh_data_project