Search This Blog

27 Feb 2014

Come on Eileen

I don't know what it is about the name Eileen.  I worry that they'll be proper Irish and not interested in their English family.... except there's never been anyone called Eileen on my Irish side of the family.  In fact, nobody of any other name has been consistently half as helpful:

  • Eileen D took my phone call and helped me find the rest of the Chappell family.
  • Eileen D2 told me the eldest Chappell boy gambled away the family farm in Yeovilton.
  • Eileen F proved for me that Francis Scott Boyce the coachman from Somerset, was indeed first cousin of 2 of my great-great-great-grandparents.
  • Eileen M told me that grandpa Tabor died transplanting swedes on Christmas Day 1909.
  • Eileen N wrote to me recently with information about her late father, who grew up in the orphanage in Blackburn.

And now I'm hoping Eileen G will be able to tell me all about my relative Sarah who died age 36 in Edinburgh.  She is the great-granddaughter.  So, come on Eileen, tell us all about it!

Postscript:
Of course - with a name like Eileen, our correspondent was always going to reply.  And what a great reply we've had.  Thank you!  Now the big question on my lips, is which Eileen shall we hear from next - there's still at least 20 letters of the alphabet left to go.  Come on, Eileen Z!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your comment will be live once moderated. Sorry you have to log in. Not my choice. Tweet if preferred @fh_data_project